Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Detox ....Detox....Detox

Remember in one of my previous post I mentioned I wanted to detoxify my not-so-hot body? :p

Well I found this while surfing and thought I should share them with you. This is ways to help detoxify your body after you go through a detoxification program, which I have yet to do proper research.

But first how or when do you know your body needs to be detoxified? Some of the symptoms that we need to look out are
unexplained fatigue, sluggish elimination, irritated skin, allergies or low-grade infections; bags under the eyes; a distended stomach even if the rest of your body is thin; menstrual difficulties; or mental confusion ( I like this one....haha. I think I'm still far from that symptom...touch wood).

See any of those symptoms on you? No? Yes? Read on.

10 Ways to Help Your Body Detoxify

After a detoxification program, you can cleanse your body daily through diet, supplements and lifestyle practices.

1. Eat plenty of fiber, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli, spirulina, chlorella, and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods. - ok this one I think I can try

2. Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as dandelion root, burdock and milk thistle, and drinking green tea. - a visit to the local pharmacy will do

3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives away toxins. - ok no problemo

4. Drink at least 2 quarts of water daily. - check

5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system. - eerrr...check?

6. Transform stress by emphasizing positive emotions. - i'm trying...i'm trying ok

7. Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water to run on your back. Follow with cold water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then get into bed for 30 minutes. - must try today

8. Sweat in a sauna so your body can eliminate wastes through perspiration. - eerrr....have to make appointment with Energy Spa soon? hehehe

9. Dry-brush your skin or try detoxifying patches or detox foot spas / foot baths to remove toxins through your pores. Special brushes are available at natural products stores. - need to do more survey on this

10. What is the most important way to detoxify? Exercise,Yoga or jump-roping are good. One hour every day. Also try qigong, a martial-arts based exercise system that includes exercises specifically for detoxifying or cleansing, as well as many other exercises with specific health benefits. - yoga? then I have to join the famous yoga instructor class I guess hehe. Oooo I do have the skipping rope at home. Shall start with that today!

You can read more here.


Now I need to do a little bit more study on the best detox program I should follow..modern method or traditional method. Fasting too is another method to detoxify your body (thanks Haris for pointing out). Shall get back to you soon okay. Now please excuse me, I need to 'detoxify' my tummy. Hehe. Toodles. ;)

No comments: