Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Down The Memory Lane?

I was blog-hopping just now and bumped into a blog where the owner was telling the stories of her school teachers. The ones that she still remember till today. Then it got me trying to recollect most if not all of my school days memories.

let's see..

I remember my Maths teacher in Standard 2 (I think) who was so fierce that she likes to throw our buku latihan out of the classroom. I can't really remember whether my book was also one of the many books that got thrown or not but I remember books flying here and there. Heh!

Then in Standard 4 I remember my class teacher, Puan Zarilah. A very pretty lady, softspoken and has a handwriting that makes you feel yours is like cakar ayam. So much that she wants her students to follow her footsteps in writing nicely that she made us do cursive (ok..cmner spelling ni???) almost everyday. Heh. Thanks to her I today I have a nice handwriting but it depends on my mood. Cik gu Zarilah..I *heart* you.

In the same year there was a cikgu latihan name Cikgu Azran who became more like an Abang to us (read: me and my friends). He loves to create nice bookmarks and give them to his students. We were so close back then that on Saturdays for our Ko-ko he would cycle to school with us. And yours trully membonceng his bicycle coz I was the only one yg tkd beskal. Huhu. I told u you we were close. I also remember playing lompat getah in class and he played too. haha.. His last day at the scholl saw most of us cried buckets. Sedih not knowing when will we ever meet him again. We never did. Cikgu Azran, if you happen to read this (maner la tau kan)....We all *heart* you.

My Standard 5 class teacher was Puan Arpah. Garang. She once slapped a student in front of the whole class coz he marked his own buku latihan. Scary kan.

In Standard 6, my class teacher was En Zul Safaruddin. One funny chap who always crack jokes. I met him at the Post Office few years back. He did remember me. What I remember most of him was the day that he went to collect our UPSR results. My friends and I rushed when we saw him at the parking and he immediately extended his hand to me. I think he said "Tahniah" or something like that. :)

My highschool years were somehow vague...dunno why.

But I do remember my Form 3 Geography teacher, Hajah Abidah, who likes to make all of us stand in the class and she will ask questions base from what she has taught us. Sitting behind in the class makes is harder for her to see me angkat tangan wanting to answer her questions. So I end up sitting without answering any question and that explains why I got B for Geography.

I also remember my Form 3 class teacher Puan Faridah, who dislikes me coz I don't like to attend her class and always find excuses to masuk her class lambat hehe. She taught us Kemahiran Hidup (zzz..zzzz..zz). She always gave me this 'i-know-you-won't-be-successful' look that few months back I think I told my high school partner in crime friend Nana that I wish I could now find her and tell her who I am now (not that I'm so blarrddyy successful pun skang) but nevertheless jadi pun orang. Heh. But Nana said....tak yah la zai...yang lepas tu lepas la...hahaha....ok2 aku tk hold grudge dah. aku geram jer la :p

In Form 4 my class teacher was and Indian lady who is nice but certainly has no sense of fashion at all. Seriously. She would wear this knee length dress that looked like its been worn for ages. Greyish dull color and also with a red hairband and...and flat sandals. But she's nice.

Our Modern Maths teacher is a pretty chinese lady who likes to end her sentence with "Boleh?".

There was also this Counselling teacher who loves to do sportcheck and find students fault. I can't seem to remember her name.Yes. She's very garang. Rumors has it she's like that because she's not married yet even at the age. haha. You know la how stories like this can be so juicy especially in an all-girls school.

In Form 5, I remember our PE teacher Puan Zora, who is so petite and cute. A good dancer. In fact she taught us a couple of ballroom dances which I cannot remember at all now. But I do remember her saying the whole class are like kayu. Not graceful at all haha. Guess she was right.

Then there's Puan Ong (I think) who taught History. She was so committed in teaching the class that she made us underline important points in the textbook, that is after she asked permission from the Headmistress for us to do such. And thanks to her I got A1 for my History heh.

So there...do you have any stories about your teachers?

2 comments:

Lollies said...

the only one that i blogged about was about a teacher masa i darjah 2. i think the title was 18 september 1980.

tapi ada this teacher yang i love to sebut her name. Mrs Etican. Good morning mrs. etican! Macam best aje sebut nama dia.

she always smell sooo good. dari jauh dah bau kewangian dia. and she always ask each row to bring fresh flowers to class. setiap satu minggu ganti. We had lots of orchids masa tu. hebat sekali row I.

cuma finally we found out that lepas tu bunga tu dia pi letak kat chapel sekolah. and we refused to give flowers anymore.

she also smelt bad after that.

Anis Zainal-Pacleb said...

nice one zai! nnt i pun nak buat la.... thanks for d idea...