Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Happy Birthday Haziq

Haziq turns 7 months today. Wow...can't believe it. Dah besar anak Ibu sorang nih ek. Sometimes I just can't keep up with him. He's so fast...seriously....I turn away to do something, in split second he's already a meter away from me. He still can't crawl properly...but he mengesut...he tried lifting up his bum few times but only got him forward few inches...hehe....he likes to sit when I put him in that position but still can't still on his own. Yesterday we were at a groceries shop and suddenly there was a loud sound of a big bike passing through and Haziq just went beserk trying to find where the sound came from. Imagine me..holding Haziq on one hand...keep in mind he is 10 kg now....another hand holding stuffs to buy....and then Haziq turning left and right searching for the sound...terhoyong hayang saya ok. After that the walk to the car was another agony (over kan),the moment I placed Haziq in his carseat and myself at the driver's seat....I sighed and almost wanted to cry....wakakak...not that I'm complaining pasal carrying Haziq but more of tensed that I get tired carrying Haziq easily. I really need to boost my stamina and build up some muscles...hehe.

On another note, Haziq can now say mama fluently although that's not exactly what I want him to call me tapi tkpe la kan. Will teach him to call me Ibu everyday.He is such an attention seeker. Kalau tak tengok dia and talk to him he'll get angry. Since he now likes to explore everything around him, this would include stuff at the tv cabinet. He will drag himself to it and start to reach out and grab whatever that he can. When I call out his name and tell him not to do such along with a straight garang face...he will look at me...smile and then continue with his mission....to grab anything that is within his reach. Aiseeeehhhh....I just can't leave him alone like I used to for awhile. But then again, this is part and parcel of being a mommy kan...kan.... :)Oooo...yeah....Haziq and the tv remote control are bestfriends....kalau dah ada kat tangan dia...he won't look at you at all....so we have to keep it away from him tapi kadang2 kan when I want to keep him quiet...I bagi dia main...huhuu...

Oooo...I got this from Babycenter today & I think it's a very useful info.

How can I identify a fever?
At 7 months, you know your baby pretty well and will probably be able to tell if something's amiss. To do a basic fever check, kiss or touch your baby's forehead — this simple test can be surprisingly accurate. If he feels warmer than usual, use a thermometer to confirm your suspicion and get a precise measure of his temperature. Although you often hear that a normal temperature is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit (37 degrees Celsius), the reading for a healthy baby may fall anywhere between 97 and 100.4 degrees F (36 and 38 degrees C).

When should I worry?
Hard as it is to believe, a fever is your baby's friend — it means his body is heating up to fight off an infection. Nonetheless, call your baby's doctor if you're worried or if your baby has:
* a rectal temperature above 101 degrees F (38.3 degrees C), * an ear temperature above 100 degrees F (37.8 degrees C), or * an armpit temperature above 99 degrees F (37.2 degrees C).

Also call if the fever is accompanied by any of the following: difficulty breathing, appearance of small purple-red spots or large purple blotches on the skin, loss of appetite, inability to swallow, excessive drooling, a glossy-eyed or otherwise unusual appearance, or delirious, irritable, or otherwise unusual behavior. Mention these and any other symptoms to your doctor when you call.

What should I do to bring my baby's fever down?
Try removing layers of clothing, giving him a lukewarm tub or sponge bath, or letting him rest in a cool (not cold) room. Prevent dehydration by breast- or bottle-feeding frequently.

If these steps don't bring relief, call your baby's doctor to see if medication is in order. If it is, be sure to ask what doseage is appropriate at your baby's age — the safe amount is based on your baby's weight, which changes frequently. Remind the doctor if your baby is on any other medication, and never give a baby aspirin, which can cause Reye's syndrome in a child with a fever. If you can't reduce your baby's fever within an hour, call the doctor again.



Bagus kan info ni. Good thing I bought the digital thermometer kat Parenthood Exhibition few weeks back. Tak yah nak worry and tak sure whether he has temperature or not. Just check jer...and....Ibu and Ayah Haziq pun beria check temperature masing2 wakakka...

I leave you with some pictures of Haziq in action.


Jacket Ayah ni macam best ajer....I want it....hope Ibu is not looking...hehe


Ibu...what movie you wanna watch...let me help..I have the tv remote control you see....hehehe...

4 comments:

Elle said...

Hey, what is so up with boys and remote controls? Haris pun sekarang sangat suka remote control. We bought him the fischer price remote tapi dia pandang pun tak ok! Sabar aje la.

Hmmmm boys will be boys ....!

Zaitul said...

yup...boys will always will boys...all the toys that i bought for him...dia beria main kejap jer...then he'll get bored...tu yg sibuk explore the whole house tuh....hehe

Ms Nellie said...

ibuhaziq! When can the fairy god mother see him again? Tak sabar nak cubit his pipi! Eiii..Gerammm..

Fahidayati Ramli said...

Hahaha... rupanya ada Haziq just like my lil' hero. Kenapa budak kecik suka main remote control (RC)? My son kalau jumpa RC tu... tak tengok lain dah. Dia tekan2 RC then tengok TV, tukar channel ke tak? Pastu kalau TV volume tyu terkuat, dia campak RC terus lari kat mama... terkejut kot! Nak gelak pun ya jugak.

La ni... kena beli RC astro baru sebab RC yang lama dah k.o. sebab selalu ena campak!