Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 13, 2006

Tak Tau Nak Letak Title Ape....

A conversation that took place somewhere last week at the pantry of Level 28, Menara D*******.
Mr MSC : Z*****, starting from 15th October you will be under Engineering Department, working with G*** doing design in marine, and will be concentrating more on piping. On top of that, you will also have to assist Pn N****** in topside piping.
Mrs ZAA : (stared blankly...after awhile) ooo...ok.
Mr MSC : (realising the blurness of his new subordinate) This is from the HR. We're filling up the boxes where the requirements are more. So you might wanna move to the cubicle that side (pointing to an empty one) and settle down.
Mrs ZAA : Ok...will do that. (proceed to current cubicle, sat down and tried to digest the conversation that just took place)
La la la la......digested..interpreted.....yippieeeeeeee....I'm finally free from GB...woohoooo...After one year and a half working under GB, I was getting very annoyed, demotivated, and neglected except when I was at the Yard. I was still thinking later after the conversation and asked myself whether I'm really happy with the change. After some thought. Yes, I am very happy. Why? Because I just cannot pretend anymore. I don't know how to suck up to the boss a.k.a GB. I don't know how to sweet talk to GB and be nice to him. I don't bother to greet him when he came down to yard. I dont' bother to report to him every single damn thing that I do. I don't bother to bother what he thinks of me. I JUST DON'T. All I know is just to carry out my task. Please don't expect me to "kiss your hand", run to your needs, pick you up at the airport, etc.
But that's the thing. That's how it works with GB. He favors those who are willing to j***t his a**. Serious. If you want to do well....you just have to...you know. Probably this is a norm in working world. Probably I should adapt and start doing the same. But then again, I don't want to. I'm happy with doing things my own way and work hard for success. (chewaaahhh...)
Anyways, it's Friday again...yeyyy....will meet up with friends after work for Iftar at Little Penang, KLCC. Looking forward cz Han is gonna be there...my fav Joe will be there too. It's been a while since all of us meet up. I'm sure it's gonna be fun. Hubby is coming too.....woohoooo.....
Happy Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey babe, seems like everyone is moving to something new these days..but i agree with you, dont suck up, i prefer the old fashion way of working hard to get where u wanna go..sure sucking up might get you there faster, but its a horrible way to climb up the ladder..hard work is the best and you sleep better at night hehe

Anonymous said...

hehe lupa nak inform.. the mysterious anonymous is me! niquez..

Anonymous said...

congratulation zai..