Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Cerita Pasal Haziq

This blog was created so that I can jot down stories about my Haziq and also my life but somehow somewhere it got diverted. Not that I have nothing to blog about but there's so many things to tell I just don't know where to start. I'm gonna try start somewhere today.

Let's see....what's new about my boy. Haziq is now like a parrot and a sponge. He will repeat every single word I say to him, to his Ayah, to anyone. He does it quite well actually but of course a bit pelat. He learns fast anything that you teach him but as always it will depend on his mood. This I've learned to accept that at his age, staying 100% focus is not easy. So....I'm not gonna be a kiasu mommy and force him hehe..

He loves music a lot and would dance to any music that catches his ear including his Ayah's mobile ring tone. Usually during weekends we would both wake up early to watch Pingu. Haziq calls it 'Gu'. He likes the Transformers new advert and will follow the theme song and sing 'Mers' (Transformers).

He cannot stand being left alone in the living room to play by himself, while I cook in the kitchen. He will drag me to the living room to be beside him and give that kesian face, which makes it hard for me to prepare food for iftar everyday. It's a havoc I tell you in the evening. I have to be quick. Heat the pan....pour oil, Haziq comes in and drag me. I follow him and layan him for awhile to distract him. Then I rush back to put whatever I need to cook in the pan...stir...stir...Haziq is already at my legs begging me to 'tang' (dukung) him. So I carry him, bring him to the living room again...and the cycle repeats again until Hubby reach home. Hubby will resume entertaining him while I resume with my cooking. Phheewww....if I'm lucky Haziq will not come back to drag me but sometimes he wants me to be with him and his Ayah in the living room. Aiiiyyyooo......

I've been trying to potty train him during weekends. So far Alhamdulillah he knows when to tell me when he needs to pee but sometimes....haha...he just ehem ehem at any corner he feels comfortable. I try to take him to the toilet every half hour or so but sometimes I tend to forget. Never mind, I will have to try harder.' Small business' 40% trained, 'Big business' 0% trained. Haziq will only tell me he has defecated once he has finished, be it with or without his pampers. Sigh. Along way to go here. haha

His vocabs are getting wider now I think. He knows his body parts,well most of them la. I feel I am not giving him enough time to sit down and teach him. I only spend time with him few hours on weekdays in the evening and at night before he falls asleep (or I fall asleep first hihii). So that leaves me with weekends. I try to spend more time with him...talking, playing, bla bla...I try to talk to him as much as possible emphasizing on new words for him to learn. I hope this will work. Naaahh.. I don't mind at all of he's a bit behind from all those baby progress charts. I tell myself I should let him learn at his own pace so that learning will be fun for him. I don't want to have to force him so that I can tell people...Oooo Haziq can already read his ABC...Haziq can do this ...Haziq can do that....that would be so kiasu of me kan kan...of course I do blog about his progress here in this humble space of mine for my safe keeping and record and future reference :)

Ape lagi ni before I end this post haha.

Hhhmmmm...Haziq knows how to slip on his sandals, take it off, take off his pants. He has yet to learn putting on his pants. Along way to go with putting on his shirts.

He doesn't eat much which makes me a bit worried but Dr Ong said not to force him coz he will eat when he's hungry. So ok la then. Fine. He still drinks 8oz of his milk 4-5 times a day (ni satu hal..mahal sungguh susu dia skang nih. I insist we continue with this brand although the price has hiked up ridiculously...biar ler I cut down on other expenses rather than compromising what's best for Haziq...kan...kan. Lagipun dekat Giant the price is still ok compared to other supermarkets...ye betullll....)

I cannot make him put on his car seat safety belt properly. He will free both his hands himself and leave only the buckle securing his body. Aaarrggghhh...tension saya. So, I have to always be alert when in the car with him. Any idea how to make him not do that???? This is the same when it comes to sitting in his stroller. He wouldnt let us put on the harness but only the buckle securing his body. Sigh...

Tantrums??? Oooo..boy does has he tantrums. At times he can make me go bananas with his antics, at times he makes my heart melt. Tough job la weeeii being a mommy eh....but a lot of fun hehe.

I ym ed with my bestfriend's mommy last week, and she gave several tips on how to handle toddlers. She has successfully handled four mind. Hopefully I can implement some if not all of her tactics.

Ok...enough babbling from me as of this moment. Cuci mata la dgn gambar2 berikut ok. Toodles.


ibu is trying to enjoy the sunset but haziq is trying meddle with the wheels


i love this ride...can we take this home plsss???



see im swimming...look at me flapping my feet ibu



ibu how come we dont have one of these back home..i looiikkeee...


2 comments:

NiC said...

Haziq still like to play with the wheel? =)

Agree with you that just let Haziq learn whatever he want in the early stage.

I believe you can be a perfect muumy. Go! go! go!

cLiu (aka kang)

Anis Zainal-Pacleb said...

haziq's such a darling la babe! it's amazingkan tu witness how they grow from a lil hopeless baby to one who try to exert their independence.... nasib baik they only imitate our conversation (for now la), i mmg takut to face the whys and hows questions la.....

hug hug for haziq and of course his supermom ibu....