Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Am Counting The Days....

.....coz I'm leaving TheCompany.

Yes I am. I am now serving my notice period and will start at my new office after CNY and will be on leave starting 26/01..yippie... Sigh....I still can't believe that I made the decision to leave. And the decision wasn't an easy one...well at least it was not as easy as I imagined it to be...not as easy as compared to when I left my previous company. Back then, I never had any doubts or second thoughts. Once I got the offer, I straight away submitted my resignation letter and never turned back. But however, this time it was kinda different. I was contemplating....half of me eager to go out explore the oil and gas industry...half of me is already complacent in TheCompany. You see, TheCompany is the largest shipping company in Malaysia and doing very well. A few have come to me and ask me to consider all the benefits that I am gonna miss out should I leave TheCompany. Heck...this morning My Big Boss asked me to stay and consider the opportunities that awaits me. (Tibe2 offer to send me to Singapore for the conversion project going on at Keppel Shipyard...aritu orang beria nak pegi...tak lepas cheh)... But....

...I don't see myself going any further here
...I'm just not happy anymore with few things here
... it's not all about the money....it's also about job satisfaction...I was happy when I was at site involving in projects...but now that I'm in the office....sigh....how shall I say this....it's just sooooo mundane...

although I must admit TheCompany has given me a valuable opportunity to gain experience being in a project and opened up that small window for me get in the industry that is currently booming in Malaysia, I'm grateful for that. tq...tq...tq...now it's time for me to take the risk and push myself to take up the challenge that's calling me....I'm off to a foreign company...though I won't be at the site but this time I'll be doing something different. Hope everything goes well....wish me luck okay peeps....

Have a nice and quality weekend with family muaaahhhsss...

Zai

2 comments:

Anis Zainal-Pacleb said...

babe, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sometimes one needs a change in environment in order to gain better and wider perspective... you go girl!!! company and bosses biasa la... bila kita beiya-iya nak, diorg tak nak pastu bila dah nak chow baru la terhegeh2 nak kita balik kan???

Jungle Playland said...

yes in order for one to grow one need to move to another company.. thus one will gain different kind of experience.

but there are few other that i know who stay with the same company for years but still they get the promotions.

Good luck on your new Job!